Do you have old shoes sitting in your closet that you have not worn in the past year? Have your children out grown their shoes and you are trying to decide what to do with them? Well, clean out your closet and donate them to BackPack Beginnings! We are collecting all types of shoes! Men’s, women’s, children, sandals, heels, boots– you name them we can use them. BackPack Beginnings is kicking off their Used Shoe Drive next week! The campaign runs from Tuesday, July 1, 2014 through Wednesday, October 1, 2014.
We will keep the most needed children’s shoes for our clothing pantry and the rest will go to Fund2Org. They pay us for the shoes and will distribute them to 3rd world countries. With the money earned, we will buy SMOD (Standard Mode of Dress) clothing for the children in need in the 38 Guilford County schools that require SMOD.
We are already off to a great start with a special thanks to Guilford Park Presbyterian Church, Greensboro Day School, First Step Project Greensboro, Christ United Methodist Church of High Point and St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, who have already committed to hold a shoe drive!
Here are some easy and helpful ways that you can help too:
- Host your own Used Shoe Drive
- Create a BPB Shoe Bag challenge (each person filling one bag with 25 pairs of shoes) among your friends and co-workers
- Contact your place of work or worship and ask if they would like to host a BPB Used Shoe Drive as their next volunteer opportunity
- Go to yard sales and see how many shoes you can get in a morning
- Talk to your shoe-lover friends and see if they have any shoes they would like to donate
- Go viral and post a challenge to your friends and family on Facebook and twitter and see how many shoes you can get donated in 48 hours
We have a BPB Shoe Drive Tool Kit with instructions, tips and flyers to help you create a successful shoe drive. For more information about the BackPack Beginnings shoe drive, please contact Kellie Gallerani at email@example.com.
Written on 6/25/2014 by Blogger Tanya Smith