2015 kicks off with a new initiative at BPB…one that makes donating to children in need in our community as easy as pie. BPB is looking for volunteers in neighborhoods all over Greensboro to coordinate a neighbor food drive every quarter. The first one is taking place at the end of January. Volunteers help spread the word about the drive and then collect food left on porches to deliver straight to the BPB warehouse for stuffing into backpacks.
If you live in Briarmeade, Jessup Ridge, Meadow Run, Old Irving Park, Stonebridge, The Reserve, The Vineyards or Westwood, then you are one of the first neighborhoods to participate. Use this link: http://www.backpackbegin.wpengine.com/neighborhood-food-drive to email your coordinator and learn more if you have not already. If your neighborhood is not on this list and you have a little time to donate, email Danielle Rattray at email@example.com and get your neighborhood involved.
“Needs for the program are just willing volunteers and hopefully donors in their neighborhoods who will respond. My biggest goal is to have this first food drive be a success and to hopefully expand our reach with new neighborhoods with each progressive food drive. I have been so impressed by everything that BPB has accomplished, and I hope these food drives will be helpful in providing additional food supplies so that we can reach more kids and families that need assistance.” -Danielle Rattray, Program Coordinator
5 Easy Steps to Hold a Food Drive
1. Announce your Food Drive by emailing our flyer to your neighbors. If you don’t have email addresses place flyers on front porches or mailboxes. We will let you know our greatest needs each quarter.
2. Publicize your drive on Facebook or other social media. Get your children involved!
3. Pick up donations from your neighbors’ front porches and note who donated so acknowledgements can be sent.
4. Bring you donations to the designated drop-off sites on the specificied time and date.
5. Have fun! Feel free to be creative and PLEASE take pictures so we can share with our followers.
Written on 1/15/2015 by Blogger Courtney Murphy