This week is National Volunteer Week. Established in 1974, this week is about bettering ourselves and our communities through volunteerism. It’s also a time to celebrate the many volunteers that make a difference in our communities, our schools, and our city.
This week we would like to thank all of our volunteers. As a 100% volunteer organization, each and every one of us are volunteers- from our core staff to our office and delivery volunteers. We appreciate all the time and effort you give us to make our organization run smoothly.
- Here are just a few ways our incredible BPB volunteers are making an impact:
- Raising funds
- Raising awareness
- Making weekly deliveries to schools
- Assembling food and comfort backpacks
- Sorting through clothing donations
- Analyzing recipient surveys
- Arranging neighborhood drives
- Managing our food pantry
- And much more!
We are so grateful for the wonderful volunteers we have; we couldn’t do it without you!
Written on 4/7/2014 by Blogger Angie Burkey