3/16/2020- BackPack Beginnings is carefully monitoring developments regarding the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). While we are in the prevention phase, we are asking our staff and volunteers to help reduce the risk of transmission by following the risk reduction guidelines below (based on CDC recommendations):
– Actively encourage sick employees and volunteers to stay home.
– Instruct employees and volunteers to wash their hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds when arriving and often.
– Provide soap and water in the workplace.
– Provide disposable gloves.
– Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs.
– Encourage volunteers and staff to refrain from touching their face. If you are coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue and throw used tissues away in trash baskets.
– Responding to President Trump’s guidance to limit gatherings to 10 or less, BackPack Beginnings is implementing social distancing measures during volunteer shifts this week. We will be spacing out volunteers in groups of 10 or less in the warehouse. Within those small groups, we encourage every volunteer to stand at least 6 feet away from each other as they work.
– Refrain from shaking hands.
– Employees should notify their supervisor of any concerns or changes needed to keep everyone healthy.
BEFORE SIGNING UP TO VOLUNTEER, PLEASE READ THE BELOW CHANGES:
3/27/2020- In order to make sure our warehouse is a safe space for volunteers and staff, we ask that you follow the below guidelines:
– Please take your temperature before coming to volunteer, and if it is above 99.1, we ask that you stay home.
– If you feel bad or have a fever or cough, please do not come to our warehouse to volunteer. If someone in your household is sick or has a fever, please do not come to the warehouse to volunteer.
– If you have traveled on a plane or cruise in the past 3 weeks, we ask that you postpone your volunteer time with us for a minimum of 14 days.
– Volunteers need to be 12 or older.
– Please also note the newest recommendations from the Governor for volunteering. No to volunteers if: Over 65, caring for long-term care patients, asthma, heart disease, immuno-compromised, uncontrolled diabetes, women who are pregnant, no babies.
– Our staff will be wearing homemade masks, and we encourage you to bring your own homemade masks/bandannas along side of us (6 ft away, of course). Masks will be required to volunteer, and we have a limited supply available for volunteers.
– Please arrive no more than 5 minutes early, as we want to limit the amount of people waiting in our front office. We also need to prep between groups.
– Please do not bring more people with you than the amount you signed up, as we want to stick to the guidelines of 10 people or less at a time.
– When you arrive, please immediately wash your hands and put on the gloves provided. At all times in the warehouse, please stay more than 6 ft apart from other volunteers and staff.
– Please email us if you need to cancel due to the information above so we can open up spots to those that can.