Skip to content
Did You Know?
We believe every child deserves to be comforted. Our Comfort BackPacks offer care, comfort and basic necessities for children during traumatic situations. Here are a few facts about our Comfort BackPack Program.
- We work with 21 child service agencies. See list.
- 1,850 children received comfort backpacks from BPB last year and we anticipate serving over 2,100 this year.
- We provide comfort backpacks to children in Guilford County, Alamance County, and Forsyth County.
- Every comfort backpack contains at least 18 items including school supplies, hygiene products, a toy, book, stuffed animal, and blanket.
- It costs BPB $20 to purchase the backpacks and all items included in them, although the value of the completed backpacks is $50-$75.
- Story from one of the social workers: “I had been in a meeting all day with a family that a police officer found living in their car. I was trying to place them, and your Comfort BackPacks were arriving at the perfect time for the children.”
Want to help comfort a child in need? Currently, BPB is in need of toothbrushes and toothpaste, deodorant, activity books for ages 7-11 and 12-17, and playing cards for 12-17 year olds. Your donations will allow us to serve more children in need.