Recently, we told you about our Food Pantry in place at nine area Middle and High Schools…and growing every year. In addition, BPB is fortunate enough to sustain a Clothing Pantry, allowing us to meet even more needs of local children. In honor of BPB’s five-year anniversary, here are 5 Facts of interest about our Clothing Pantry Program.
- The Clothing Pantry serves all children from age 0 – 17 in need of
clothing throughout Guilford County.
- Our pantry is stocked with clothing, coats, undergarments, shoes, hats and gloves.
- The Clothing Pantry is open to all Guilford County Schools as well as local agencies who serve children in need. We are currently giving free clothing to children in 72 Guilford County Schools and agencies. This translates to over 1,100 items every month!
- We have the only dedicated SMOD (Standard Mode of Dress) Clothing Pantry for the 23 schools with a dress code requirement, helping families who are unable to purchase the required clothing.
- The Clothing Pantry is another essential element at BPB because it helps keep children at school and helps overcome some social/behavior issues that may arise from having inadequate clothing…especially during harsh weather conditions.
Want to help?
While we accept donations of gently used or new clothing in all sizes for boys and girls, we are always in need of boy’s clothing from size 5 – young adult, as well as new underwear from 2T – 16 for boys and girls. Clothing, SMOD and underwear drives are great ways to get your community involved and provide a beneficial impact to the BPB Clothing Pantry. To hold a drive or donate to our Clothing Pantry contact Kellie Gallerani at clothingpantry@
Winter Clothing Needs
Donate warm winter clothing for boys and girls, sizes 0 – young adult. We especially need the following sizes:
•Boys – sizes 5 and up, especially pants
•Girls – sizes 6 and 6X
Written on 11/4/2015 by Blogger Courtney Murphy.