BackPack Beginnings is fortunate to have so many fantastic and diverse partners in Greensboro. It is
easy to find a convenient and easy way to give back with one of the many give back partners listed below. We are thankful for our partners as well as for YOU for supporting BPB in 2014.
- Fiat of the Triad (until November 29th) 3915 West Wendover Avenue BackPack Beginnings has teamed up to “Fill a Fiat” with nonperishable, healthy food items for our food pantries. Stop by to drop off your donation!
- Altar’d (through the end of November) 3326 West Friendly Avenue, #126 Every Monday for the month of November, Altar’d State at Friendly Center will be donating 10% of net proceeds to BackPack Beginnings. If that weren’t enough, they will be holding a food drive for us as well.
- Socktastic Saturday (Saturday, December 13th) Fleet Feet Greensboro, 3731 Lawndale Drive, Greensboro, NC Fleet Feet High Point, 5870 Samet Drive, High Point, NC Bring in gently used coats, gloves and other items and they will be donated to Backpack Beginnings! In return you can purchase a great SOCKing Stuffer from Balega because they will be running a Buy One get One HALF OFF with your donation! For anyone who takes advantage of the buy 1 get 1 half off deal, Balega will give a pair, up to 50 pairs. http://www.fleetfeetgreensboro.com/community/socktastic-saturday
- Southern Lights Bistro (until December 13th) 2415 Lawndale Drive Southern Lights will be collecting items for our Comfort BackPack Program, such as blankets, toys, stuffed animals, books, crayons, journals and more. These backpacks will be distributed to abused/neglected, foster, homeless and refugee children. http://www.southernlightsbistro.com/events/
- Honor Card Sales (until December 24th) Sacred Garden Bookstore at 215 West Fisher Avenue in Greensboro, (336) 544-1225 Simply Meg’s at 3334 West Friendly Avenue in Greensboro, (336) 272-2555 For a minimum purchase of $5 for our Food BackPack Program card, you can feed a hungry child for an entire weekend. For a minimum purchase of $15 for our Comfort BackPack Program card, you can provide a Comfort BackPack to an abused/neglected, foster, homeless or refugee child.
- Local Honey Salon (until December 24th) 233 Commerce Place Local Honey Salon is hosting a holiday food drive for BackPack Beginnings. Feel free to stop by during store hours to drop off your food donations.
- Barnes and Noble drive/gift wrapping (until end of December) Shops At Friendly Center, 3102 Northline Ave. When checking out, Barnes and Noble will give you the opportunity to either purchase a book or milk for BackPack Beginnings. We will also be there on Sunday, December 7th and Sunday, December 21st wrapping purchases for tips. Stop by and see us!
- AmazonSmile (ongoing) online When you do your Holiday shopping at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Backpack Beginnings. Bookmark the link below and support us every time you shop. http://smile.amazon.com/ch/46-1251223
Written on 11/25/2014 by Blogger Courtney Murphy